USING THE INFLATABLE
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the inflatable and its users.
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, a representative from Total Bounce should immediately be consulted.)
Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
1) For safety do not mix younger children with older children/adults – Please ensure adults do not use children’s inflatables. Some children require strict supervision. Keep user heights around the same height.
2) All shoes, badges, peak hats and jewellery (i.e. large earrings, necklaces etc.) MUST be removed. It is recommended that spectacles are also removed. This is for your child’s safety as well as concern for the equipment. Do NOT leave hard objects in the entrance/exits to the inflatables.
3) No face-paints, party-poppers, coloured streamers or “silly string” must be used near or on the inflatable, as they can make a terrible mess and permanently stain the unit. No food or drinks to be consumed on the inflatable (to avoid choking & mess). Face Paints are known to permanently stain the inflatables. Please DO NOT smoke near or on the inflatable– Keep the inflatable clean throughout the hire – You will pay full repair costs or cleaning costs.
4) Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed. A responsible adult must supervise the INFLATABLE at ALL times. **
5) Ensure that the inflatable is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on age and size of children using it.
6) Do not move the inflatable, or any of its accessories, under any circumstances.
7) Do not allow anyone to bounce on the step/front apron. The step is there to help users get on and off. If your inflatable has a slide please ensure it is used for sliding down and not climbing up, this will help avoid accidents and collisions.
8) Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems are allowed on the inflatable. No pregnant persons.
9) Do not allow users to be on the unit during inflation or deflation.
10) In the event of heavy rain, it is strongly recommended that the inflatable be switched off. Any wetness, including bubbling can be dried with a towel. Keep the unit inflated during small showers, and then when the shower has passed wipe the unit down with a towel. **
11) In the event that the extension lead overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, and then switch it back on again a few minutes later and it should restart. Ensure the blower is kept upright and the vent is kept clear of obstruction at all times. Do not plug other devices into our extension leads or overload your supply.
PREPERATION & GENERAL CARE
12) Please ensure adequate parking and access for the van and equipment, if you live in a pay and display area, please inform at the time of booking (Extra costs will be incurred).
13) Ensure the area is clear of animal mess and DO NOT cut the grass prior to our arrival – Cleaning charges will be claimed.
14) For safety reasons please keep all children away from our staff when setting up or removing equipment. Please also keep any intoxicated adults away from our staff. We do not tolerate abuse of any kind and any incidents will be reported to the police. Our staff may leave the equipment if they are or feel threatened. If this is the case you will be charged for extra hire. To avoid this please bear up to your responsibility of keeping our staff safe.
15) Keep the inflatable clean, we WILL pursue cleaning costs plus legal costs through our solicitors. You can opt to pay a £40 cleaning fee for extremely dirty inflatable returns where Total Bounce deem necessary or we will claim the fee plus legal costs through our solicitors if declined. (see points 3 and 13)
16) If your hire includes balls, then balls must be re-bagged by the time we return to site to take away, failure to have the balls bagged up will result in losing your deposit (or part of it) – suggestions of turning the bagging of balls into a game with the younger children have been made and seem to prove popular.
17) Please ensure the inflatable is INFLATATED at the time of collection – or at least an hour prior to being collected – Please ensure all garden games, sponges, helmets and any accessories are all in one place ready for collection at pick up time
18) All measurements and suggested spaces of areas are on our website on each items product page, failure to measure the area correctly on your part and the hire or some items not being able to be hired because of it will still incur the full costs as these items have been reserved for you and no one else has been able to book them – if no items are set up a deduction of £20 can be made from the total fee but the remainder is immediately owed.
19) Inflatables can be no more than 50m from the nearest power socket (wall socket, not lead) after this distance the power will not carry enough for the first switch on of the fans, we can only run 2 fans from 1 power socket, ensure there are enough sockets for the fans required – please ensure you book the correct distance leads at the time of booking – If you have no available power within the vicinity than you will require Petrol generators (1 per unit – double assault courses require 2). If you are using your own generator – full payment is required prior to delivery.
TIMES AND DELIVERIES
20) If you have a venue hired and you have to be in and out at certain times – you will need to contact us BEFORE making a booking to confirm we can adhere to your requested times.
21) Domestic hires (gardens) – As a general rule of thumb we intend to have all deliveries set up and done by 10.30am and our collections start at 6pm – if we have a busy day we reserve the right to deliver the unit a day early and even collect a day later – texts are sent out around the middle of the week prior to your hire with estimated delivery day, times and collection day and times on – please assist us with our logistics and satisfy these times – we reserve the right to adjust your booking outside of the above times if you cannot adhere to our ETAs ( we will work with you to find the best slot that works for all!).
22) We cannot be held responsible for non accessible venues – if you have access issues at hired venues we may pass our allocated time slot and have to leave and return at a later time – please ensure you have sorted your venue access ahead of time.
23) Event set ups are set up by our installation staff, not our administrative team – all certificates, risk assessments, insurances, safety certificates are all accessible from our administration teams, set up plans, and arranging for event set up is all done PRIOR to our arrival on site – our team are there to set up the inflatables to the safety and spec of the plan, they are not there to then have to re-explain to someone who was not part of the booking process what they are doing – please ensure that the point of contact is available on-site so our team can get set up and on to the next installation – failure to adhere to this may result in our team not completing all/or any of the set up due to allocated time slots on site and other customers.
24) Total Bounce will NOT set up on communal grounds without prior written permission from the landowner AND WRITTEN CONSENT from Total Bounce prior to the booking.
25) Total Bounce do our best to plan routes with full logistics that go AGAINST the general flow of traffic within our areas, but we cannot be held responsible for delays caused outside of our fault, such as traffic congestion, road works, accidents or natural disasters.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
26) Payments are to be CLEARED prior to set up – a booking fee is taken at the time of ordering and cleared payment must be received prior to set up – this can be cash on arrival to our installation teams, or it can be via bank transfer AT LEAST 3 DAYS before the event – our install teams DO NOT have access to our banking system and can only set up deliveries marked as PAID or CASH ON ARRIVAL – failure to receive payment prior to set up could result in loss of hire or a later delivery with extra charges for returning.
27) We kindly request that cancellations are made with as much notice as possible – booking fees will be lost from cancellations and if you are cancelling whilst on site full payment of the hire is required (minus £20) and owed immediately (unless otherwise previously agreed in writing with Total Bounce).
28) In the event of extreme weather conditions or predicted wind speeds or gusts that exceed 24mph – we will cancel your booking for health and safety reasons as deemed appropriate by the HSE. Booking fees are refunded or transferred to a future booking as per your request.
29) In the event of snow in the area, we reserve the right to cancel the booking for the safety of our staff, vehicles and equipment – each “snow day” will be risk assessed from our warehouse location and delivery location – we will maintain constant communication if snow is of concern.
30) Once your hire is loaded into the van you become responsible for paying the whole amount on arrival – even if you have not measured correctly or there is a safety concern. Please understand that our staff need to be paid and mistakes on your part will NOT be covered by us.
31) In the event of reasons beyond our control, Total Bounce reserve the right to change the items hire for items for items of similar style and user genre. In the event we cannot substitute a similar item – we will completely refund or suggest moving dates.
Please ensure you read our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page to ensure clarity on the hire and its due process.
Provided that the equipment is used in accordance with the above safety instructions and conditions of hire, those using the inflatable should do so safely without injury. Therefore, Total Bounce can accept no liability for injuries sustained or any other loss, howsoever caused, in the absence of the negligence of Total Bounce or its employees. The equipment will be in the hirers possession (**) and control whilst in use and not under the control of Total Bounce and any liability for injuries or other losses caused, other than in the circumstances described above, rests with the hirer.
It is strongly recommended that the hirer has their own adequate public liability insurance (**) covering his or her liability arising from the use of the inflatable. By accepting these terms and conditions, you are bound and you accept full responsibility for loss, damage, breakages, accidents and full liability of this hire and the items provided.
** = This does not apply if you have a ‘manned’ hire – i.e. a member of staff from Total Bounce operating the unit, thus it is upon them to run this, with your full backup and support.