It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the inflatable and its users.
(If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, a representative from Total Bounce should immediately be consulted.)
Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
1) For safety do not mix younger children with older children/adults – Please ensure adults do not use children’s inflatables. Some children require strict supervision.
2) All shoes, badges, peak hats and jewellery (i.e. large earrings, necklaces etc.) MUST be removed. It is recommended that spectacles are also removed. This is for your child’s safety as well as concern for the equipment. No smoking near or on the inflatable.
3) No face-paints, party-poppers, coloured streamers or “silly string” must be used near or on the inflatable, as they can make a terrible mess and permanently stain the unit. No food or drinks to be consumed on the inflatable (to avoid choking & mess). Face Paints are known to permanently stain the inflatables – You will pay full repair costs.
4) Keep the inflatable clean, we WILL pursue cleaning costs plus legal costs through our solicitors. You can opt to pay a £40 cleaning fee for extremely dirty inflatable returns where Total Bounce deem necessary or we will claim the fee plus legal costs through our solicitors if declined.
5) Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
6) A responsible adult must supervise the INFLATABLE at ALL times. **
7) Ensure that the inflatable is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on age and size of children using it. If the children are colliding into each other then it is too crowded. **
8) If the inflatable is not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower off at the mains, this will reduce your electric bill! **
9) Do not allow anyone to bounce on the step/front apron. The step is there to help users get on and off. If your inflatable has a slide please ensure it is used for sliding down and not climbing up, this will help avoid accidents and collisions.
10) Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems are allowed on the inflatable. No pregnant women.
11) Do not allow users to be on the unit during inflation or deflation. For safety reasons please keep all children away from our staff when setting up or removing equipment. Please also keep any intoxicated adults away from our staff. We do not tolerate abuse of any kind and any incidents will be reported to the police. Our staff may leave the equipment if they are or feel threatened. If this is the case you will be charged for extra hire. To avoid this please bear up to your responsibility of keeping our staff safe.
12) In the event of heavy rain, it is strongly recommended that the inflatable be switched off. Any wetness, including bubbling can be dried with a towel. A small picnic table placed over the blower, will help prevent rain-water being sucked into the blower, and then into the inflatable. Keep the unit inflated during small showers, and then when the shower has passed wipe the unit down with a towel. **
13) In the event that the extension lead overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, and then switch it back on again a few minutes later and it should restart. Ensure the blower is kept upright and the vent is kept clear of obstruction at all times. Do not plug other devices into our extension leads or overload your supply.
14) If your hire includes balls, then balls must be re-bagged by the time we return to site to take away, failure to have the balls bagged up will result in losing your deposit (or part of it) – suggestions of turning the bagging of balls into a game with the younger children have been made and seem to prove popular.
15) Please ensure all garden games, sponges and any accessories are all in one place ready for collection at pick up time
Provided that the equipment is used in accordance with the above safety instructions and conditions of hire, those using the inflatable should do so safely without injury. Therefore, Total Bounce can accept no liability for injuries sustained or any other loss, howsoever caused, in the absence of the negligence of Total Bounce or its employees. The equipment will be in the hirers possession (**) and control whilst in use and not under the control of Total Bounce and any liability for injuries or other losses caused, other than in the circumstances described above, rests with the hirer.
It is strongly recommended that the hirer has their own adequate public liability insurance (**) covering his or her liability arising from the use of the inflatable. By accepting this contract, you are bound by its terms and conditions and you accept full responsibility for loss, damage, breakages, accidents and full liability of this hire and the items provided.
** = This does not apply if you have a ‘manned’ hire – i.e. a member of staff from Total Bounce operating the unit, thus it is upon them to run this, with your full backup and support.