Top Tips To Avoid The Cowboys And Choose A Professional Bouncy Castle Company
Over recent years more and more ‘cowboy’ hire companies have sprung up, these companies are uninsured, unregistered, unprofessional, non-CRB, potentially dangerous and use unchecked equipment.
We understand how important it is for the bouncy castle to turn up. What if you booked a hall and invited 30 children to the party and the bouncy castle doesn’t turn up. This is a risk with unprofessional ‘cowboy’ companies, who set out to make a ‘quick buck’ with no concern for customer care (or safety!).
- Does the company have public liability insurance? It is not a legal requirement but it IS standard practise! We have 2 varying insurance types from £2million and £5million policies for all our bouncy castles and games. We are always able to show our insurance certificates alongside our company health and safety policy and any risk assessments required.
- Does the company use a mobile or land-line number ? Mobiles can easily be switched off , land-lines are either direct to home offices or business premises, we have a multitude of landlines from a lo-call rate 03331 number (included in mobile minutes) down to a local office for each area.
- Does the company have valid test certificates ? All inflatables need to be checked regularly with professional people, we have our inflatables checked TWICE per year, which is double the required number of times.
- Does the company have a website ? Websites are a big part of any hire business, just because someone has a website does NOT make them a professional company, have a look around the website , are the photos real or ‘stock’ photos, do they have a link to genuine reviews, or do the reviews look almost to good to be true?
- Companies that are part of BIHA or TIPE have a code of ethics, check to see !
- Does the company ONLY use FaceBook/MSN/MySpace to advertise ? A company that flouts advertising laws by using social networks as their SOLE advertising can easily disappear, a good solid company would be difficult to make vanish!
- Does the company provide pegs, safety mats, rain covers or sand bags? Professional companies provide all the needed add-ons, mats are required on hard floors, sandbags are used when castles cannot be pegged down, and castles should ALWAYS be pegged down outdoors.
- Is the company able to tell you immediately if a castle is available on the date you want ? A Company who cannot tell you immediately may be out-sourcing their castles, this is another way for them to prove zero customer commitment, with Total Bounce we make sure we are there on time with our OWN castles and inflatables.
WE STRONGLY BELIEVE IN THE SAFETY OF ALL OUR INFLATABLE USERS FROM CHILDREN TO ADULTS, WE WILL NOT SCRIMP OR CUT CORNERS ON SAFETY – HOWEVER WE CANNOT SPEAK FOR SOME OF THE OTHER COWBOY COMPANIES.
We at Total Bounce are committed to safety and professionalism, our customer service and feedback is second to none, we aim to keep it this way, we are in it for the ‘long haul’, not the ‘short haul’ its not just about the money with us, unlike cowboy operators who are out to get it whilst they can, without a care for professionalism, safety or who gets let down. We will not double book any inflatable, we will not change a booking to the highest bidder, we care for our customers……. Scott Moore – Owner